Sunday, November 20, 2011

Enews 07/25/11 "War Rug Project Update - Fundraising"


War Rug, 2003

The War Rug Project
Fundraising Campaign Launched!


Dear Friend,

This fall, on the 10th anniversary of the September 11th attacks, I've been invited to make a Spice War Rug installation at the Grand Rapids Art Museum. It is a momentous opportunity for reflection and commemoration, and I have resolved that the installation will be my most ambitious project yet. It is part of the 2011 Art Prize competition, and I could use your help...

I'm trying to raise $5,000 to cover costs associated with the exhibit. Framing three large spice monoprints. Creating a platform for the new 9/11 war rug. Shipping the artwork. Documenting the creation and the destruction of the new war rug. Designing and printing a War Rug Project trading card. Producing a book about the project.

 All of these add up to a great exhibit, and a bit of an investment. If you can help with a gift of anywhere from $10 to $5,000, I have a gift for you, along with heartfelt gratitude. You can learn more about the War Rug Project, and see the various options on my Indie Go Go webpage.

And, if you have any questions, suggestions or reminiscences you'd like to share about the War Rug Project, please email me at koenen@gmail.com.

I'll be sending out more emails about the project as it develops, including the talk I'll be giving in Grand Rapids on Sept 11, and the whole Art Prize that will follow, so stay tuned!

And thanks for your support.


Sincerely,

Barbara Koenen
www.barbarakoenen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment